My grandmother told me wonderful tales , stories for me, because he had lived his life as a child in college at the beginning of the century that told. .. I remember perfectly the adventures, details, names, the atmosphere in the shadow of his huge bedroom, in an austere building of the center of Rome, on certain summer evenings I spent with her with the feeling of adventure exotic. Accustomed to a modern apartment furnished in Swedish style 60 years, I felt those high ceilings, the furniture impressive, full of flowers, fruits and lions' heads like the wings of a stage including sudden appeared from the dark figures of girls with ankle and plaid dresses, starched collars and curly hair just for me to represent the story of the masterpieces of unconscious naivete and cunning cruelty of which only children (girls ...) known to be capable.
then won sleep, my eyelids began to drop, the picture becomes confused ... was the moment of "leaf" ... I fought with all my strength because my grandmother understand that I was about to fall asleep, because they do not speak the insesorabile ... "Large leaves, close the way you say your I said my"
That "broadleaf" I hated her with all heart. But then he wanted to say? Suddenly I saw the little girl fin de siècle greet me with that huge green leaf in his hands, to bow and sneak laughing behind the scenes of my theater ... "No, do not tell my grandmother, continues to tell ... " but she already gave me good night and walked away into the darkness ... the mysterious, huge leaf had won once again ...
Only a few days ago I read on the net :"... it is a wrong transcription of the word threshold due to the similarity between the graphics made in italics s and that of f ... "and continuing to look also known that there is an alternation in the proverb says that sometimes even "Narrow is the leaf, the large street ..."
Incredible!
From childhood a threshold disturbed my sleep ....
0 comments:
Post a Comment