Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can You Make Mushrooms From Orange Peels

Paraklausithyron


The theme of the serenade before the closed door, or paraklausithyron , was much in vogue in love poetry from the Hellenistic or even archaic, I remember a fragment of Anacreon which said something like:
I chewed a bit of cake
I guzzle a whole jar of wine to the bottom
And now with the harp and singing a serenade to my daughter.

And the 'lover of exclusus Asclepiades Samos , burning passion against the backdrop of a landscape almost romantic:

Long is the night, it's already winter, the sky tilts to the Pleiades;
spring rain around me and I on its doorstep,
taken by lust for the liar;
thè Cipride inflicted cruel sting of fire in me and not love.

But it's immortal comedy of
Plautus, Curculio in , which can enrich the scene of two unexpected characters: two idle latches sordi alle suppliche del povero innamorato che, pazzo d’amore, li implora come fossero esseri animati, di saltare via per lasciare che la porta della bella e crudele amata si apra.
Si tratta della nota “Serenata ai Pessuli” del
Curculio , atto I scena III, che traduco liberamente:

Pessuli, heus, pessuli, vos saluto lubens,
vos amo, vos volo, vos peto atque obsecro:
gerite amanti mihi morem, amoenissumi,
fite causa mea ludii barbari.
Sussilite, obsecro, et mittite istanc foras,
quae mihi misero amanti ebibit sanguinem.
Hoc vide, ut dormiunt pessuli pessumi,
nec mea gratia affected if ocius!

bolts, or bolts, I greet cheering,
love you, I wish, I pray and I beg you, help
to my love, oh sweet,
leaping dancers have become for me!
Jump up, I beseech you, and let it out the door, she
to me, desperately in love, is sucking the life!
But look at them as they sleep, Latches Cattivelli,
do not think just shake it for me!

Therefore, other "presence" to crowd the world populous threshold ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment