"The word was originally a magical symbol that the passing of time has depreciated. The poet would have the mission to return to the word, at least partially, its early today and hidden virtues. Two duties would each verse: to communicate a precise facts and physical touch, such as proximity to the sea. "
(JLBorges, All the works, vol.II, Mondadori, Milano 1985, p. 559)
So Borges in the prologue of the poetry collection "The deep pink", which collects texts written between 1972 and 1975.
There are many of his favorite themes: the masks, the nostalgia of the sword, the tutelary shadows, inventories and enumerations, the arbitrariness of human time, the inevitability of fate, the mirrors, the myths, animals . Also in the prologue
Borges alludes to the "process" that leads the genesis of his works, an interesting position of liminality creative
"I begin with a glimpse of a shape, like a remote island, which will be then a story or a poem. I see the end and I see the beginning, but not what lies in between. This to me is gradually revealed when the stars are favorable or the case. More ripetere devo di una volta il cammino nella zone d'ombra ".
(JLBorges, Tutte le operate, vol.II, Mondadori, Milano 1985, p. 661)
a door opened or shut
without honoring the memory of two-faced, the president
. Abarco the horizon of uncertain
mates and some land.
My two sides make out the
past and the future. I see them and are equal
irons, discord and evil
that someone could delete and
has not erased or overwritten. I'm missing both hands and I am
stationary stone. I could not
states are contemplating a future or
porfa de hoy ayeres lejanos. Veo
I ruin: the Trunca
columna y las caras, que no se nunca veranda.
speaks a bust of Janus (JL Borges, "The deep pink," 1975)
Let no open or close any doors
without honoring the memory of the two-faced,
That the chairman. Embrace the horizon
uncertain seas of the earth and reliable.
My two faces
can see the past and the future. I see them and are equal
irons, discord, and the many evils
What Who could never canceled
Neither cancel. I miss your hands
And I'm stone building. I can not Indicate whether
contemplate a struggle of the future or the past, now gone.
I see my end: the column truncates
And the faces that you never will.
(The image of Mercedes Varela, Cartel de la Exposicion: "Borges en la Biblioteca Nacional de Buenos Aires" )
0 comments:
Post a Comment